Following are some of the major Project components:
- Diversion and Intake (D&I) Structure: A 54.5m high Asphalt Concrete Rockfill Dam with flexible concrete cutoff, two spillways, power intake and environmental flow release facilities.
- Spillways: Two gated spillways, one lower spillway for sediment flushing and passing flood flows and one upper spillway for normal reservoir regulation
- Intake and Headrace Tunnel: A 6.0m diameter headrace tunnel, about 19.4 km long (including Desander) leading to a surge chamber and twin vertical pressure shafts.
- Desander/Desilting Basin: An underground twin barrel desander/desilting basin at the start of the headrace tunnel.
- Power House: An underground power house , situated 4.1 km upstream of Paras.
- Tailrace Tunnels: Twin tailrace tunnels D-shaped, 4.1 km long discharging the water back into the river.
- Access Tunnel: A 4.1 km long access tunnel leading to power house
- Roads & Bridges: Permanent diversion of the National Highway along the reservoir
- Ancillary Works: Measures for control of frazil ice and construction of avalanche protection structures
- Staff Colonies and Social Facilities.
- Grid Station & Interconnection: Gas Insulated Switchgear (GIS) and interconnection facilities including switchyard works.